Monday 4 April 2011

New Fabric

When I was making the first six dolls, I used   medium-weight calico for the bodies.
For Alex and Anya, I painted just their faces however for Blake, Briony, Carole and Crispin I tried painting all the body pieces to get a flesh colour. This was time consuming and it was difficult to get a consistent colour.So I started looking for some suitable flesh coloured fabric. My local Fabric Shop didn't have anything that would do. Then I came across Pelenna Patchworks, online. They sent me some samples and I chose FLESH and CONKER.


The fabric is perfect, very strong, doesn't fray easily, so good for narrow seams and firm stuffing.I've got my eye on some other colours so I can make dolls with a range of skin colours.




Here are all the pieces cut out for one doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment