Monday 25 April 2011

April Dolls

I'm a bit behind schedule with my April dolls, Daisy and Darren. But I am working on both the April dolls and the May dolls at the same time so that by the end of May I hope to have four dolls completed.
Here is some of the work in progress.
Beginning to paint faces.
I'm no artist so painting the faces has been one of the challenges however I think I improve with each new batch that I paint. I'm beginning to understand how to create the shaping through use of light and dark colour. I'm pleased with this latest selection. It was not possible to paint on the brown fabric so to create the brown faces I had to start on the pink fabric and build up the colour.


I've also been working on the hands using pipe cleaners to shape them. Here are some close up pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment